Crime scene and other biohazard cleaning must be performed by highly specialized and trained professionals with knowledge and experience in removing biohazards and leaving the scenes safe and habitable.
When disaster strikes in your home or business, you will be surrounded by police and emergency teams ready to assist as they assess the crime scene. But what happens once everyone has left the crime scene?
Many people think that emergency services take care of the cleanup. Unfortunately, this is not the case. It is the responsibility of family members or property owners to arrange to restore the area to its original state.
Most insurance policies should cover crime scene cleanup expenses. We can help you contact your insurance provider to ensure you are covered. If you are not covered, you will need to make alternative payment arrangements.
There is no one size fits approach to crime scene cleanup costs. To be able to provide an accurate estimate, the cleanup company needs to inspect the crime scene.
During this inspection, they will assess the severity of the scene to determine the required amount of cleanup. Here is a list of factors that are taken into consideration when you receive your quote:
- The urgency of the job
- The size of the crime scene and the number of rooms
- Types of flooring to be cleaned such as carpet, asphalt, or tiles
- The level of structural damage
- Type of crime scene (e.g., homicide, violent assault, meth lab)
- Existing environmental factors such as hoarding, industrial high-risk areas, and public spaces with high foot traffic
- Other elements such as hazard waste disposal and odor neutralizing
In addition to this, other cleanup costs factored into your quote include the protective equipment that cleaners will require to complete the service. The types of equipment used by cleaners include ozone machines, masks, special suits, air scrubbers, and hospital-grade disinfectants.
Hire an Established Crime Scene Cleaning Company
Since the crime scene cleaning industry is a fast-growing industry and is not well regulated it is important to hire an established company, such as Red Responders.
When you contact us for your crime scene cleaning project, here’s what you get:
- A comprehensive estimate which includes everything upfront and no additional costs
- References and online reviews
- A detailed document listing the entire cleaning process with accompanying before and after photos. This is essential for insurance purposes.
We take care of things you don’t want to consider after tragedy strikes. We clean, disinfect, remove, store, transport, and dispose of crime-scene materials in an ethical and environmentally sound way.